Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Far East (excluding China)

Anyone know about Japanese Art Glass 1940s?

<< < (2/2)

krsilber:
Wow, that's excellent!  Congratulations, Nancy!  Beautiful piece, and evidently an important artist.  Well done!

Nancy128:
Thank you Kristi and Max!  When I first saw it, I knew I had to have it.  I was expecting this to be Venetian, imagine my surprise when I turned it over and saw an acid etched "Japan!!"   

Max:

--- Quote from: Nancy128 on June 27, 2008, 11:01:14 AM ---Thank you Kristi and Max!  When I first saw it, I knew I had to have it.  I was expecting this to be Venetian, imagine my surprise when I turned it over and saw an acid etched "Japan!!"   

--- End quote ---

If you can manage to buy a few more pieces Nancy, we could appoint you our Japanese Expert, whaddya think?   ;) :D

Nancy128:
Funny Max!!  There is a piece on an ebay auction right now that I was thinking about sniping.  It's more modern and kind of ugly, but it has a label on it and I thought that would be a good beginning to the learning process.   8)

vintagerose:
WoW! What a great piece, really beautiful.
I have a japanes amber diamond cut set of decanters with 4 shots, that's the extent of my knowledge lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version