No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: John Derbyshire vase  (Read 1302 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sue C

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 1038
  • Gender: Female
John Derbyshire vase
« on: May 01, 2008, 03:53:34 PM »
Hi all, i have this lovely little vase by John Derbyshire, but it seems to have little blobs of pearline in the rim?? it also has an inclusion probably picked up when put in the mould.
What kind of glass would you call this, frosted?

Offline deco.queen

  • Members
  • **
  • Posts: 324
  • Gender: Female
    • Marvelous Metal
Re: John Derbyshire vase
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 07:16:14 PM »
Over here  in the US we call it Satin glass.  I love the feel of it.

Janice, Deco Queen
"The Fabulous World of Farberware" available at Amazon


SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Look for glass on
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Look for glass on (us)
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand