No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Kosta Boda Engman Bowl with Geese.  (Read 9415 times)

Offline a40ty

• Members
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: Kosta Boda Engman Bowl with Geese.
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 04:59:40 AM »
Hiya A40ty,

That's really strange! When I first replied to David your #1 posting didn't appear on my screen.I've just been notified by email about your reply a few moments ago  :o

That's curious! (Murky cyberspace, methinks)
But here's curiouser..and proof that the world is indeed a small place; get your wee boat out on Saturday, head back up the Forth and I'll meet you in Port Edgar for a cup of coffee! ;D

Offline Bill G

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • World Art Glass
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 07:31:15 AM »
Hi David

Thank you for your providing information on my book. One of the goals was to present production glass along with very expensive art glass ie. the images of "Snowball" and the "Bacchus Bowl".

The other theme was to explore what happened when artists not familar with glass came to the glassworks to design glass for example, Simon Gate, Edward Hald and Edvin Öhrström

All of the glass works in Sweden and Finland were very helpful in working with me on the project.

Bill

Offline ElaineB

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 03:32:34 PM »
Hiya A40ty,

That's really strange! When I first replied to David your #1 posting didn't appear on my screen.I've just been notified by email about your reply a few moments ago  :o

That's curious! (Murky cyberspace, methinks)
But here's curiouser..and proof that the world is indeed a small place; get your wee boat out on Saturday, head back up the Forth and I'll meet you in Port Edgar for a cup of coffee! ;D

:o Curiouser & curiouser! That would be such a sweet escape! I've been forced,on the pain of never-ending earache,to get rid of 'all those boxes in the shed'.So I'm Kinross booty bound on Saturday.I might even make enough profit to pay for the coffee  ;D

Offline a40ty

• Members
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 05:11:39 AM »

:o Curiouser & curiouser! That would be such a sweet escape! I've been forced,on the pain of never-ending earache,to get rid of 'all those boxes in the shed'.So I'm Kinross booty bound on Saturday.I might even make enough profit to pay for the coffee  ;D

Have a good time!  :)

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 05:34:44 AM »
Congratulations on the price you got! (I say that with an itty bitty tear in my eye.)  It seemed a good bit higher than what an October or May would have fetched so it must be fairly rare.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 08:45:07 PM »
I know it's an old old thread, but here's a much smaller size (55x65mm) from the series, model 58056:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand