No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Dimpled Mystery Bowl - ID = Galliano Ferro  (Read 1893 times)

Offline bidda

• Members
    • The Glass Cache
Dimpled Mystery Bowl - ID = Galliano Ferro
« on: October 02, 2007, 07:42:50 PM »
i've had this bowl stored away for quite some time and just pulled it out again. i didn't know what it was when i packed it up and i still don't. it's not like any other i've seen before. it's heavy as a bag of rocks, has a ground and polished base, amber to green and has deep dimples on the exterior that look almost like bubbles. it's a very interesting piece and i like it more now than i did when i first got it. i'm very curious to see if anyone recognizes it. the colors are the same as a couple of Seguso pieces that i have but i've never seen these dimples (sorry, i can't think of what else to call them) before. any ideas?

thanks,
bidda

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Dimpled Mystery Bowl
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 06:55:24 AM »
The bowl seems to be based on the same idea as Venini's  bugne lisce vase or Seguso's lenti vase, both of which have applied knobs, prunts of clear glass. I presume, the intent is to create an optical effect. I think I have a light red lenti and the blobs (to use the technical term) create quite a stunning effect. There are usually more blobs  than this. Otherwise, it looks like a fairly normal bowl/ashtray.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline kocoma

• Members
    • Italian and Czech glass
    • Germany
    • kocoma
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 03:26:15 PM »
Hi,

I know it's an older post, but I think It's goo to know:
This bowl is made by Galliano Ferro.
I have the same bowl with label.

Best regards

Offline bidda

• Members
    • The Glass Cache
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 04:01:31 PM »
kocoma,

thank you So much! this one's had me stumped for quite a while. it's great to finally have the mystery solved. aren't these boards wonderful!?!

bidda

Offline kocoma

• Members
    • Italian and Czech glass
    • Germany
    • kocoma
Re: Dimpled Mystery Bowl - ID = Galliano Ferro
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 05:15:45 PM »
Yes bidda, you're right! :hiclp:
I am always pleased to help if I know something  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand