No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Gulvvase - (Gulvase) - ID = Holmegaard 341 11 71  (Read 7122 times)

Offline Gill

• Members
Gulvvase - (Gulvase) - ID = Holmegaard 341 11 71
« on: May 08, 2008, 01:02:23 PM »
I saw there was quite a thread going on about these recently, have I got a real one or not I wonder! This one is 26cms in height, 6cms across the rim and 9cms across the base. Any comments appreciated, thanks, Gill

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-9933
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-9932
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-9931

Offline Martyn K

• Members
Re: Gulvase - or not?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 03:18:27 PM »
looks OK to me.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 05:31:48 PM »
looks good, I have an identical one with sticker. And thanks for using cms!

Offline Gill

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 06:06:03 PM »
Thankyou very much, both of you, thought I was kiding myself for a bit, cheers, Gill

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 01:01:40 AM »
Yup. Totally spot-on. The colour is Coral on Opal, pattern number 341 11 71.

Incidentally, it's 'Gulvvase', with two 'v's.... A common error I'm trying to correct amongst collectors and sellers (including myself until I recently acquired the original catalogue pages).  ;D

Offline Gill

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 07:44:59 AM »
thankyou Nic, thought you'd have something to add. Have taken note of the spelling, all the best, Gill

Offline wayan

• Members
Re: Gulvvase - (Gulvase) - ID = Holmegaard 341 11 71
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 05:46:41 PM »
Having bought a number of Gulvvases recently and being aware of the existence of European? and Chinese? I wonder whether members would care to share the things to look out for in spotting copies?
I know on mine for example, the weight of 10 inch ones can vary from 535g ( green and white cased) to 360 for some Aqua.
Any comments advice would be appreciated

Offline HarderNet.dk

• Members
    • HarderNet.dk DANISH GLASSWORKS RESOURCE MUSEUM
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 08:36:20 PM »
Having bought a number of Gulvvases recently and being aware of the existence of European? and Chinese? I wonder whether members would care to share the things to look out for in spotting copies?
I know on mine for example, the weight of 10 inch ones can vary from 535g ( green and white cased) to 360 for some Aqua.
Any comments advice would be appreciated

Hej Wayan

You could try to hold your Otto Brauer "gulvvaser" (Danish word for a floor vase) by going to my website and click "Artglass" and at the new page click the letter "G" to jump down page and there find the entry for "Gulvvaser Brauer" click photo to go to subpage, in the newpage you will find a lot of Otto Brauer Gulvvase designs in many different colours listed with height, diameter and weight.
Note: As Holmegaard Glasswork items is mouthblow height, diameter and weight can be very different along the time of production and ofcouse the skill of the glassblower to catch the right amount of glass from the glass oven.
Peter

DANISH GLASSWORKS RESOURCE MUSEUM
Holmegaard Glasswork, Kastrup Glasswork, Fyens Glasswork
HarderNet.dk

Offline wayan

• Members
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 06:28:35 PM »
Hi Peter,
Thanks for your reply and advice - I have had your site bookmarked for some time as a valuable resource - many thanks.
Note the size variations based on the amount of glass picked up but wondered if there were any clear signs that help to identify copies - does the base
look different for example?

Wayan

Offline HarderNet.dk

• Members
    • HarderNet.dk DANISH GLASSWORKS RESOURCE MUSEUM
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 08:44:46 PM »
Hi Peter,
Thanks for your reply and advice - I have had your site bookmarked for some time as a valuable resource - many thanks.
Note the size variations based on the amount of glass picked up but wondered if there were any clear signs that help to identify copies - does the base
look different for example?

Wayan

Hej Wayan

Clear signs to identify copies from the original Holmegaard Gulvvaser (dk) Floor-vases (uk) not to my knowledge, they are blown in a wooden mould and I do not think that leaves a special base. Think the best may is to look at the proportions between body and neck both thickness and length - Too narrow, short or too long neck to a thick body or too thin, too short or too long a body can indicate someting could be wrong.

The transparent ones would be the lightest ones they mostly is one layer of glass, the heavy ones would be the ones with opal glass on the inside often covered with a color f.ex red and sometimes covered with a third layer of clear glass on the outside.

Think the best way is to compare to a photo of a reference vase a put two photos side by side to compare and they have to look alike, body, neck, top finish and body/base ending, this apply for all sizes.

Have often seen the round colored glass item but on top of the Gulvvaser, but they have noting to do with the Gulvvase series and have never been produced for the vases, instead they are, or the one that is Holmegaard, from the "Dekorationskugler" Decorations Balls you can find them under art glass press letter D and find Dekorationskugler and go to the subpage.

Do not think you will be in doubt when holding the Holmegaard Gulvvase in your hand.

Peter

DANISH GLASSWORKS RESOURCE MUSEUM
Holmegaard Glasswork, Kastrup Glasswork, Fyens Glasswork
HarderNet.dk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand