No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Holmegaard Lampshade!!??  (Read 2624 times)

Offline sueglass

• Members
Holmegaard Lampshade!!??
« on: May 28, 2008, 05:37:17 PM »
Does anyone recognise this as being a Holmegaard design, it is from the 60s and I have decided to sell it. I saw some Bang lightshades similar somewhere. Any help appreciated, thanks Sue.

Offline sueglass

• Members
Re: Holmegaard Lampshade!!??
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 11:45:23 PM »
And the reason why I want to sell it is because of this, look at the pictures, two teenagers with guitars, gutted, and if anyone has any idea about the 2 white globes also would be interested or should that be 1 1/2 white globes, luckily I do have another but would rather not put it up just in case, forget that  just took it out to measure it and lo and behold, it just broke, some idiot (me) put a Scheurich vase in the same box !! Oh well never mind, at least the orange one is still intact (for now) Sue

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Holmegaard Lampshade!!??
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 02:36:58 PM »
Italy is most likely, I think, from one of the Empoli factories. But possibly Sweden... if so, Elme would be one of the most likely contenders.

Alternatively, it could even be English, or German, as there were many companies dotted about these countries making this style of glass lighting throughout the 1960s/70s, but the first two ideas are the most probable options.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand