No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Holmegaard white cased vases  (Read 3261 times)

Offline sueglass

• Members
Holmegaard white cased vases
« on: May 12, 2008, 01:17:04 PM »
Hi, 2 lots of help please, are these Holmegaard? and also I have some dead leaves and marks on the inside, I need to get out the dead leaves and clean the vases inside without damaging the white interior. Any suggestions please. Sue

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Holmegaard white cased vases
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 01:37:25 PM »
Definitely not Holmegaard. Possibly Swedish, maybe Chinese. Someone else might know for sure.

For cleaning - just fill with room-temperature soapy water and leave to soak a while. A quick swish after soaking should dislodge any debris. Failing that, bottle brushes come very in handy!

Offline sueglass

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 05:19:12 PM »
thanks for the reply tried the soapy water that didn't work and the neck is too small to get a bottle brush down

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 05:36:01 PM »
Magic balls (you can buy them from Lakeland) - just swirl a few around in a bit of warm soapy water.

Offline muranoman

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 11:46:50 AM »
steradent disolved first then poured in right to top leave overnight as if it was your teeth then rinse with cold water it never fails, sam

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 04:06:33 PM »
It might just be me but I'm rather disillusioned with the old Steradent trick - I've found it does nothing that a bit of washing up liquid in warm water and a bottle brush or magic balls can't do better.

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 08:33:04 AM »
Possibly Italian if they are triple cased?
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand