No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Golden Amber Whitefriars Vase Model 9572? Info Required  (Read 1032 times)

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Golden Amber Whitefriars Vase Model 9572? Info Required
« on: January 06, 2021, 02:02:52 AM »
Hi All, long time no posting!  ;D Hope everyone is keeping safe!

Can anyone help with confirmation on production years for this one.

What I know!

Whitefriars Golden Amber Vase Model 9572.

The catalogues say that Golden Amber was discontinued in 1960 and I can't see it reappearing in the 60's/70's.. This model shows up in the early 60's from what I can see in the incomplete catalogues (why did they scan them so small!). So I would assume that this colour/piece was produced in the late 50's?

Would be great to hear from the Whitefrairs collectors who have more knowledge than me.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Golden Amber Whitefriars Vase Model 9572? Info Required
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 09:45:20 AM »
Guessing you looked through Emmi's colour guide: https://whitefriars-glass.com/colour-guide.php

Looks like mid 50s could be favourite for your vase, this shape was in production then and the colour was in use at the same time. Not certain that Golden Amber was entirely dropped but need someone with more Whitefriars knowledge for a definitive answer. From memory the situation can be complicated by the later use of the Full Lead Crystal (FLC) colours which included Gold and the two can be difficult to tell apart.

John

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Re: Golden Amber Whitefriars Vase Model 9572? Info Required
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 09:56:14 PM »
Thanks John. Will look further over the weekend in regards to the colour guide. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand