No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Sculptural Ashtray/Bowl  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Sculptural Ashtray/Bowl
« on: May 30, 2008, 04:19:46 PM »
Hello All
           Bought 4 piece's of glass today at my little favourite shop. this being one purchase, triangle 3 colour compartment ashtray/bowl one red one yellow and last being green, encased in clear a little wear on the polished pontil am guessing from 60s ant thoughts on this please at the moment i have a two runners Swedish or Murano. (sommerso), it stand 2 inc at lowest point and 2.5 at highest point and 6inchs from each point across. cheers
                    Steve

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Re: Sculptural Ashtray/Bowl
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 09:24:06 AM »
Generic Murano - these are fairly common items I'm afraid - see them everywhere.

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 09:32:18 AM »
PIP
     thank you i thought it was Murano but because i bought it along with a Swedish red bowl which still has a bit of a label on i was not  sure but i still like the look of it, am just about to post the other.
                                                                                Steve

Offline Martyn K

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 04:40:39 PM »
I've also seen versions of these with 'made in Romania' labels recently.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 06:35:29 PM »
??? I think these are Chrbska, not Murano or Romania.

Offline Martyn K

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 06:49:09 PM »
Seems similar pieces must have been made all over then Ivo?...the labeled Romanian ones I saw were a very good match to this one, unfortunately I did'nt take the time to read the labels further for a maker...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand