No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Red four leaf clover bowl (Swedish)  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Red four leaf clover bowl (Swedish)
« on: May 31, 2008, 09:38:07 AM »
Hi All
       i have this little red what i call four leaf clover bowl  it still has a faint bit of a label on it which is Swedish can anyone help in the date of it or other info many thanks.
                                    Steve

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Red four leaf clover bowl (Swedish)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 02:38:20 AM »
Hi: The label is a Murano label. My recollection is that it was used by a consortium of companies in Murano. Are there any numbers or letters on the label that might be used to identify the specific company? Are there two colours in the bowl, or am I seeing reflections from outside the bowl. My first thought would be Cenedese, but that's very tentative.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 08:03:19 AM »
Ignoring the top label, this looks like your sticky label here, doesn't it Steve?

From our GlassGallery; 101 Murano Labels: http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-1910
I am not a man

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 08:39:46 AM »
Hello David & Max.
                        After looking at the label though a eye magnifer it seems to have very faint n o and David yes you are correct in saying there are two colours center red flowing into a orange amber colour.

Max after close scrutiny the label is a the same one that you found in the glassgallery many thanks both am thinking it maybe from around the 60s circa ?
              Steve

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 08:57:45 AM »
Sorry Steve, you'll have to get date info from someone else.  To my eyes, your piece looks more 70s than 60s, but it's hard to tell.  Perhaps someone can date the label?
I am not a man

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 12:02:28 PM »
Steve I'm sure we have discussed your label in more detail in the Murano forum. Have a look through this topic to begin with: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,1749.0.html

We can move this topic over to Murano as well for you if you wish?
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 09:16:48 PM »
Anne
       Thanks for the link very interesting and yes please move to Murano for me,
                                                                                                             Regards
                                                                                                             Steve

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand