No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Dolphin lamp  (Read 4109 times)

Offline soledivo

• sir. or lord. your higness would be nice
  • Members
Re: Dolphin lamp
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 04:34:13 PM »
please do Cathy, I'm going to use the gallery from now on, so hopefully  the pics will be ok then

And,  many thanks Anita, its my birthday today and you've given me a nice big smile for the rest of the day   ;)
martin

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 09:24:56 PM »
Martin, I just took a closer look at the color of your lamp. Is it a deep opaque pink? I haven't seen any Salviati or Barovier pieces in this color. The color made me think of Fratelli Toso. The fish pieces can be difficult to attribute at times. Many of the companies made similar pieces.

Sorry to confuse the issue even more. Unless I have a documented piece, I just call these types of glass Venetian glass without getting too specific.

Anita
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline soledivo

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 10:43:36 PM »
Anita I have to be careful with this, I'm colour blind. I know, I know  GREAT hobby   :spls:,   but i see all colours,just not the same way you do.
So over the years its a case of re-learning what colours are.
Pink being lighter, this piece to me is a definite red as its too dark for me to be in the pink shades. I have noticed the camera has made the colour lighter.

After saying all that I'll get someone to check for me, always safer.

always appreciate your help
martin

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 03:45:59 AM »
Martin, I wondered if it was just the lighting. Sorry for the confusion. The closeup of the fish face looks pink -- probably the flash.

Anita
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline soledivo

• Members
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2008, 02:01:58 PM »
Look what I found   :chky:

I found it in an auction list in Essex a couple of weeks ago.
To take into account I would need it posted I E-mailed a low bid  and to my surprise they contacted me to say I'd got it.
Slight differences, its a darker colour to the original I had, so almost twins.
My conundrum is do I have them as a pair or individuals ?
just thought I'd share my luck with you all, I was so pleased to get it.  :angel:
martin

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 05:21:46 PM »
A pair or two individuals? Interesting thought.

Anyone know if these, as a "true" pair, should have the tails curled to mirror each other? With both items having the tails curled the same way looks slightly odd as a pair when set side on and also a bit odd if set head-on.

Or maybe it doesn't matter two hoots. ;D

Nice find, though.
KevinH

Offline soledivo

• Members
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2008, 08:03:12 PM »
Anyone know if these, as a "true" pair, should have the tails curled to mirror each other? With both items having the tails curled the same way looks slightly odd as a pair when set side on and also a bit odd if set head-on.

I'm being a bit dense but facing each other they do mirror the other, don't they?

I doubt they were ever made in pairs, I'm testing the water to see your opinions on my treating them as such.

I'm about half way done on my pics and text for my site.  :angel:
martin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand