No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help! Whitefriars Tangerine bark Efect vase ( Or Fake)  (Read 12611 times)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Help! Whitefriars Tangerine bark Efect vase ( Or Fake)
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2008, 11:50:29 AM »
I am sure Vidfletch will know what that orange one is.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2008, 12:27:41 PM »
That ebay one is a Davidson Luna I believe

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2008, 02:39:38 PM »
Yes, Christine's right - the eBay one is a Davidson's Luna but Steve's orange one has already  been discounted as one of these further up the thread - I've certainly never seen them in bright orange so I'm agreeing with Christine in this instance that it's not a Luna but haven't a squiddly diddly what it is.

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 09:58:05 PM »
Hi
    Seems i may have got some joy after emailing this person again today to let him know that i intend to make a complaint to ebay and Paypal, he as answered and said he will refund my money but will not pay for the postage which is what i asked for in the first place.

I got the answer when i said i had packed it safely and that it would be in the post in the morning, in caps (LETS HOPE IN ARRIVES COMPLETE AND NOT BROKEN THEN, AS YOU WOULD BE THE FIRST TO COMPLAIN HAD IT ARRIVED TO YOU BROKEN) at this i informed him that i had taken photo's of the vase being packed in different stages and that i was posting it so it was tracked and needed to be signed for.

Hopefully this will then put an end to this sorry story, many thanks for all your help, Pip your offer was very nice and much appreciated,i was overwhelmed with the advice you all gave.
                                                        Cheers
                                                         Steve.

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2008, 12:05:45 PM »
Steve, don't accept his offer, continue with your claim - he IS liable for the postage you paid so don't let him wriggle out of it.

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2008, 12:47:16 PM »
HI Pip.
         After a good nights sleep and then you saying do not except is offer, i think i will go ahead with the claim as i did not like the way he said (LET HOPE IT ARRIVES IN TACT) after i told him i packed it well and was going to have it tracked.

Just have a feeling about this chap you know when you think some thing is just not right, thanks again Pip.
                                                                                                                                              Steve.

Offline Ron

• Members
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2008, 01:26:58 PM »
I would file the Paypal Complaint then immediately escalate (their word) to a Claim. You should get the purchase price plus the original shipping back. You will have to pay for return shipping. I've never been asked for an expert's opinion on damage. You can find where to start on the Paypal page under Resolution Center.

Over the course of ten years and over 1,000 purchases, I have sadly become very familiar with the Paypal version of "buyer protection". I won them all but had to do a chargeback through my credit card on three of them. The latest is from a month ago - they ruled in my favor, but since the seller had no funds in their account, Paypal said I was out of luck. This is the number one reason to always pay with a credit card. It's been my experience that the credit companies don't hesitate to refund if it involves Paypal.

Imagine my surprise when two weeks after initiating the claim, I received an eBay courtesy coupon for $50! The said it was their way of trying to make up for my "bad shopping experience". The claim is for $35, which I will get back through my credit card.

Offline scimiman

• Members
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2008, 03:50:08 PM »
you're not allowed to list items with a ? - something either is or isn't

Many thanks for that bit of info I never realised you were not allowed to use ?
Just got a piece of so called Okra taken off of Ebay as that was used. Tried to inform the person but just got insults and threats. Lets hear it for Ebay, for once they did right.  :chky:

Mike www.abfabglass.co.uk

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2008, 07:19:05 PM »
Pip/Ron & scimiman.
                              I have put in my claim and have to wait the out come got email saying that i might have to get reference to the item, so i may call on your offer Pip if it still stands.
                                                        Regards.
                                                        Steve

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2008, 07:46:32 PM »
Many thanks for that bit of info I never realised you were not allowed to use ?
Just got a piece of so called Okra taken off of Ebay as that was used. Tried to inform the person but just got insults and threats. Lets hear it for Ebay, for once they did right.  :chky:
Mike www.abfabglass.co.uk

Well done, Mike. What did you actually say to ebay? I ask because it is very difficult to get them to remove something!
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand