No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help! Whitefriars Tangerine bark Efect vase ( Or Fake)  (Read 12660 times)

Offline Ron

• Members
Re: Help! Whitefriars Tangerine bark Efect vase ( Or Fake)
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2008, 11:27:54 AM »
I'm not Mike, but what I do is go the bottom of the eBay listing page and use the"Report this item" link under the Other Options heading. I believe Misleading Title is the appropriate subtopic for reporting a ? in the title. It takes a few more clicks until getting the email sent confirmation.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2008, 06:33:25 PM »
E-bay UK does not have a subheading "misleading title"  under the report and item options. It is more complicated and as yet have not worked how to do it effectively.  It's OK if you are reporting a fraudulent or counterfeit item,or there is a trade mark anomaly..........has anyone here in the UK found an effective way to get listings removed when there is a "? " in the heading~?  Emmi

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Andy

• Members
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2008, 06:54:01 PM »
Er, not everyone knows exactly what theyre selling!
The odd ? question mark is not exactly a capital offence!
Ive got some wonderful bargains and super bits of glass from people who dont know their Whitefriars from their lalique!

Giv um a break!

just my opinion ;D
Andy

"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2008, 08:03:05 PM »
Hi Andy.
              i am all for giving people a break but when you email some one and you get nothing but rudeness back and then have the front to say (i hope it arrives in tact because you would be the first person to complain if it arrived broken to you) al in caps.

I then tend to think i am dealing with someone whom is not all they seem to be. i made several attempts to resolve this situation with the seller but just got abuse, there fore i have no other road to go down.
                                                                                     Regards.
                                                                                     Steve.

Offline Pat

• Members
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2008, 08:08:19 PM »
I have been known on occasion to put a '?' in a title. Not to mislead, only when I am 99% certain of what the item is and then in my description make sure i actually say that I think the item is x or y and give my reasons for doing so. Case in point being a ceramic figure that I knew to be what it was but the item was missing it's backstamp. It was a relatively rare piece and any collector would know it for what it was but because it had no backstamp I could not actually say it was what it was.  However I can Steve's gripe over this. I am always willing to be given information about items I list that I do not know about and am NEVER ever rude to anyone.
No retreat, No surrender.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2008, 08:20:38 PM »
I personally think that there is nothing wrong with a ? if you aren't sure about what you have. At least you aren't claiming something is something that it isn't. I too would never be rude if offered information and I usually start my listing by I believe this is may be a... By not putting a ? you are surely making a definitive claim.

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2008, 12:53:47 PM »
Hi Pip.
        I have had a response from Paypal and as suggested they want a reference with regards to this vase on letter head paper and it's to be sent by Fax. is it best i email you though your site, with regards to this matter.
                                                                                                          Steve

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2008, 07:17:03 AM »
Steve - sure - email me at sales (at) pips-trip (dot) co (dot) uk
(replacing the at with @ and dot with .)

With regards to the question mark thing in eBay titles - I wasn't being judgmental about it, all I was doing was highlighting the fact that it's against eBay rules.  I used a question mark in a title once and had it reported and removed - so that's how I know.  Obviously, continue to use question marks in titles if you wish - just be aware that your listing could be removed if reported.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand