No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Art Deco Lalique style amber glass midens vase-pouring water from urns  (Read 4646 times)

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
I have had this vase a while and wondered if anyone could shed some light on it?
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Sue C

• Members
My first incling would be Czech, but we need Marcus and Pamela i think.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
I thought Czech,it is similar in style to the Lalique Danaides vase with the ladies pouring water,and the handles are similar to another Lalique piece but cant put my finger on it!

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
It's fabulous. my hunch is Moser

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Handles are similar to Lalique's 'Gao' Cendrier. My vote is also for Czech but definitely not Moser. The vase has some stylistic similarities - including the use of a moulded pattern to imitate an acid cut back surface - with this two handled vase, also unidentified: http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-2847

Steven

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
I have tried for the last 2 years with no success as I have the same vase in dark green, although I also tend to think most likely Czech

Roy

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
 :cry: The amber one looked cut

Offline krsilber

• Members
Ooooh, that is nice!  I love the optics on the round bits; the lack of distortion (other than from the curvature of the glass) is quite remarkable, they must have been polished.  The detail on the figure is also impressive.  High quality piece!  Czech sounds good to me.

Oyemicanto, would you mind posting a larger/closer photo of the figure?  It's probably my imagination, but the two vases seem very slightly different.  Even if they are, it's probably just a matter of different dates of manufacture; the mold could have been retooled between them.

Actually, the vases look like they're different shapes, unless I'm seeing an artifact of the way the photo of the green was is taken (when I take pictures really close I get a slight fisheye effect).  Roy and Oyemicanto, could you please post dimensions, including height, width across the top (with and without the flanges), and width of the bottom?

The front of the green one almost looks like it was facet cut.  Is the figure depressed ("intaglio"), or in relief?
Kristi

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science."

- Albert Einstein

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
Hi heres s few moe pics.The dimensions are 22cm across inc flanges,12.5cm acros without flanges,17cm high and 11cm deep.The lady is moulded in relief on the outside.

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
another...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum