No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Joblng Ballerina. Start date for Jobling Production, please  (Read 939 times)

Sklounion

Hi,
As a follow-up to my Bagley enquiry, does anyone have a initial production date for the Jobling ballerina? Just pursuing a hunch.
TIA,
Marcus

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
Re: Joblng Ballerina. Start date for Jobling Production, please
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 04:35:49 AM »
Marcus — They seem to have missed the Christmas 1933 market with the Dancing Girl figurine, so early 1934 is my best estimate.   I can't really add to the information in Baker & Crowe.

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Sklounion

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 07:20:19 AM »
Hi Bernard,
Again, thank you for your reply. I should perhaps explain the sudden apparent interest in UK manufacturers by a Czech-centric researcher. I am searching for any patterns appearing in UK manufacturers' catalogues, previously known to have been made in Europe, which went into UK production after the 21st of September 1939.
If the Jobling Ballerina appeared in 1934, I can discount that as most likely being a plagiarised item, but there may be others of which I am not aware. The cut-off year would be 1942, as an Act of Parliament limited production of domestic glass until the end of the war, but other items may have started to appear after VE-Day.
Thanks again,
Regards,
Marcus

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 02:12:11 AM »
Sounds fascinating, Marcus! it will be great to learn more when you know it.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand