No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Art Deco pink glass lady lamp - ID= Schweig, Müller & Co.  (Read 7469 times)

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
Any ideas?
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Re: Art Deco pink glass lady lamp
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 09:07:35 PM »
hallo, hör mich singen! oyemicanto!
is it in fact just ONE piece of glass? in that case I resign  :-X
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 09:33:35 PM »
No its actually two pieces the figure is separate and why do you resign?

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 09:45:35 PM »
I do not resign if at least two pieces! please post more separate photos - thank you!
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 09:48:25 PM »
your name sounds as if you are spanish? may we know where you are situated please?
Pamela

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 09:59:08 PM »
Hi Pamela,heres some more photos.I am in the UK oye mi canto is the name of a brilliant song by Gloria Estefan

Offline Sue C

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 10:18:47 PM »
I think Pamela meant the two seperate parts of the lamp, the base and then the  figure.

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 05:04:00 AM »
I have actually seen this lamp (its twin) & know the dealer who had it. He was informed that it was Mueller from Germany, circa late 1920's. He sold the lamp on eBay & the buyer was from Germany (it was shipped internationally). Ken

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 07:06:28 AM »
Here is a photo of the two separate parts.Thanks for the info I knew the figure was Mueller but not quite sure of base.I used to have a really large round lamp base that had a raised central column then a large frog with holes that slotted into the well which also had this lady on top,was this Mueller aswell?

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 02:07:34 PM »
All I can say is that I've had the Mueller Lady (I believe there are two types) with the bowl & have seen the figurine used in one other type of glass lamp base so I would expect that Mueller also made the base. It would appear (my observation only) that these figurines while they may have been stand alone pieces they were also designed to be used as inserts in various bases. Perhaps I am mistaken, but thats my take on this. Ken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand