No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Can anyone help?  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Artofvenice

• Members
    • http://www.artofvenice.com
Re: Can anyone help?
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 05:47:53 PM »
I would consider this as a good generic murano glass. Too typical "evergreen" production and many craftmen worked and work in this style. Also I'm not able to identify a specific "touch"/"hand".

Sincerely

Alex

www.artofvenice.com

Offline blackenpot

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 07:35:13 AM »
Thank you for all interest, what of the price, and are the two objects from the same artist?

Offline Artofvenice

• Members
    • http://www.artofvenice.com
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 05:24:04 PM »
There are not many details to compare... the only part that we can compare is the base. As first impression, they look as made by the same hands. The base looks a little bit heavy and tick (at least for this kind of glassworks). Also the gold leaf is probably of the same thickness (there are different kinds of gold leaf available here). At the same time, also due to not a very peculiar "touch", I have to say that there are many master glassmakers able to make two pieces like them and with very similar details.
Anyway I think that they can be displayed toghether very well.

Sincerely

Alex
www.artofvenice.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand