No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: John Airlie an new article  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
John Airlie an new article
« on: June 18, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »
I am pleased to announce the publication of first of a series of articles that are being written for Scotland's Glass by Shiona Airlie

The first to be published is about her father John Airlie who apart from his important furnace design with Ken Wainwright ran Kirkhill Glass in Scotland during the 1970s'.

You can read it here

Shiona Airlie has been the curator of glass at Glasgow Museums and was the first director of the National Glass Centre.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: John Airlie an new article
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 05:57:08 PM »
 :clap: :clap:  ;)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 08:28:17 PM »
And I should also announce that Christine, apart from applauding, has become the Scotland's Glass editor  :hiclp: :hiclp: (Plus one article)

and Wolf is also very actively involved behind the scenes...

and our Anne, where would we be be without her!

So my ambition of the site devolving to a community run one is taking shape.

And finally the many others that have played significant roles at various stages... particularly Pete Knowles and Ron Grant who added significant efforts and the many who have contributed information or images and even financial support by subscribing to the Zoo.

Those involved with the GMB through which many contacts have been made.

None forgotten and all appreciated. Two plus years on it is starting to look really good. Thank you all.

If anyone else wants to write articles, they do not need to be huge just about anyone, or subject, involved at some point in their lives in any aspect of all forms of Scottish Glass or even significant roles in helping to manage... over to you.

A big hole is virtually no representation of those involved in Scientific glass-making and container industry. Galleries are under represented too!

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 09:04:02 PM »
And if you feel you can't write, don't worry I'm great at polishing other people's words or even at stitching notes together. Believe me, a great many professional writers need a lot of help, so nobody need worry. If you have something to say, get it written and send it to Frank or me.

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 09:21:13 PM »
Congratulations Christine! ;D
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand