No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass is Life - Per Lutken  (Read 10949 times)

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Glass is Life - Per Lutken
« on: May 09, 2007, 06:42:16 PM »
Glass is Life - at long blimmin' last!

Every time I've tried to buy one in the past on eBay I've been outbid at the last minute or I've been a bit broke and couldn't afford it - today however I finally got a copy  ;D Halleluya!

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: One is the proud new owner of ....
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 08:13:46 PM »
In which case... prepare to squint. A lot.  ;D

The first half of the book is very pretty, but mostly useless - frustratingly filled with really bad poetry where there should be technical information. And the second half requires a magnifying glass. It's not really a general collector's/dealer's book - even I've only found it useful a handful of times for production numbers and exhibition names.

Dansk Glas: 1925 - 1985 and Glashåndværk i Danmark have been much more worthwhile investments in terms of basic date/designer information.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Glass is Life - Per Lutken
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 05:08:52 PM »
Addendum to original comments:

As I start to collect increasingly rare and unusual Lütken pieces, I'm finding this book progressively more useful. Many 'unika' items are signed with Lütken's own four-digit numbering system, and this book sorts all the designs by said system, so it has been invaluable for attributing many dates of design over the last year and a bit.

It's still mostly useless to the general collector/dealer, though. I stand by that comment.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand