No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: brick patterned candle holder I think? ID=Jiri Zejmon brick pattern  (Read 3071 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Hi, I am new to the board, but have been reading for a while and wow, what a wonderfully huge amount of information :)
I have managed through this board and links to identify quite a few of the pieces I have, but I am stuck on this one - and cannot post photos.  I will describe   ;D as best I can.
It is  brick patterned , with two layers of bricks, 7cm square and 5 1/2 cm in height, clear glass, heavy, and looks to me like a double ended candle holder, with say the top having a deep circular well for a medium size candle and the bottom having a much smaller well for a dinner party candle.
It does look to me (having had a search) that it may be the similar to a Jiri Zejmon brick patterned vase posted on this site - was there a candle holder in this range? 
Any help would be much appreciated.
thanks
m

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: brick patterned candle holder I think?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 11:55:08 AM »
Hi Welcome to the board. Without a picture it is difficult to help. There is help on posting pictures here

If you cannot make it work because you can't manage to resize, use the envelope on the left to send it to me and I will resize it for you

Sklounion

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 02:40:41 PM »
Hi, and welcome to the board.
Yes there is a matching candle-holder, but it is not made to be reversible. Dinner party candle is the correct way up. Dimensions you give are correct for this item.
Regards,
Marcus

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 02:58:42 PM »

Christine I have emailed you a picture because I am hopeless when it comes to tech stuff.  If you do manage to post it thank you.
Marcus thank you for replying.  I'm pleased I may have managed to work it out .  And I love the sklo site.  Particularly because an ashtray I have, came up when I read through it  and so I found out what it was by accident  ;D
m

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 06:30:07 PM »
Here's the picture

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 06:58:24 PM »
Oh thank you Christine

it seems I photographed it upside down  :-[
m

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 07:24:26 PM »
But it doesn't show from here  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand