No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this Riihimaki?  (Read 5287 times)

Offline redheat4

• Members
    • redheat4glass.co.uk
Re: Is this Riihimaki?
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 01:44:40 PM »
I seem to have caused some confusion as this piece does not have a foot as such, I took the photo on an upturned plastic container and the cicular rim is from this container. The vase is blown as one and the colour is uniform throughout.

Offline robert1960

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 03:18:58 PM »
AH!  I was confused ! :D

Definitely not Rihimaki then, probably Swedish,  had other uncased pieces in this colour, but notthis style..one had a 'Swedish Art Glass' label.

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 10:49:27 AM »
I seem to have caused some confusion as this piece does not have a foot as such, I took the photo on an upturned plastic container and the cicular rim is from this container. The vase is blown as one and the colour is uniform throughout.

I was also labouring under the misapprehension that it had a clear glass foot!!!!  I agree with Robert - probably not Finnish then.

Offline Ballonggreven

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 05:03:20 PM »
Haven't seen this from any swedish maker. I would rule out scandinavia alltogether.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand