No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Tiny ribbon weight - help needed please.  (Read 2661 times)

Offline glasstrufflehunter

• Members
    • My Yahoo 360 page & Paperweight Blog
Re: Tiny ribbon weight - help needed please.
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 10:48:07 PM »
As a kid I would have loved to have things like that to play with. Better than marbles! My fascination with glass whatzits started very young. It's too bad that these 'crown nubbins' tend to split. They are really cute.

I really love what's coming out of your family's studio. My last few major purchases have been of the Deacons kind :)
I collect Scottish and Italian paperweights and anything else that strikes my fancy.

My Paperweight Blog

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline mjr

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 11:00:40 PM »
Craig

Thanks for the info.  Am trying to imagine what that operation would look like.  

Collectors are like magpies. We treasure the little odds and sods - bits of cane, bits of lampwork -that we have come across.  My daughter still has the swan that you gave her which she found whilst you took her around your garden and I still have the dahlia that I picked up from the rockery, and it's special because of the circumstances of its acquisition.  

This is the sort of thing that I would pick up as a curiosity if I could.

And thinking further about the similar ones we have - we didnt buy them from Selkirk - Peter H gave them to my daughter when I bought a weight from him.  

Martin

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline alexander

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 11:05:34 PM »
Wow - thanks a bunch  :)
I've been unable to get online much in the past few days so haven't responded before now.

It's even more special in a sense :)

Funny thing is - it's been sitting in front of me and I keep finding myself playing with it  :)

Thanks again for everyone's input.
Alexander
Norwegian glass collector

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand