No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Sommerso Apple/Pear Bookends.. ID needed and questions ..  (Read 2164 times)

Offline janettekay

• Members

I had originally posted this question last year...but I had incorrectly posted pics, so did not want to post to that thread again...thus new one ..hope that is ok ..

Hi all,
I have in my collection this set-apple is 3.1lbs and 5"H, pear 4.6 pounds and 7" H. I have been unable to pin down maker or age...
Also --when looking down on pieces-where stem overlaps piece-lines can be seen --I believe these are due to refraction of glass layers (for lack of better word)-but fear they may appear to be damage or "heat check" like marks.......
Opinions appreciated, as if I want to list for sale...I want to be sure these are not damaged or perceived as such...

THANKS  !!!!

ps- I have seen them listed as Seguso and Barbini....for what that is worth  :huh:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand