No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Jobling Flower Pattern salad set - amazing design  (Read 2522 times)

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
Jobling Flower Pattern salad set - amazing design
« on: January 07, 2007, 07:33:38 AM »
Last night, at dinner, we used our late 1930s Jobling 6000 Flower Pattern flint salad set, and I noticed what happened to the surplus water from the green leaf salad.

I was amazed, as it was so elegant and unexpected.

If anyone is interested, I will attempt some pictures, and try to explain it.   I will also try it out on our unfrosted green set from stock to see if it is the same.   Let me know.

BTW these are the only two sets I have ever seen.   Does anyone know of any others, particularly other patterns / colours / finishes?

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Re: Jobling Flower Pattern salad set - amazing design
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 04:02:58 PM »
Hi Bernard, I'd like to see that very much also! Is the base high in the center? (which would also allow to safely place a flower block into the bowl?) Or is the base perforated quite invisibly as in some Saxonian Strawberry bowls with underplate (visible)  ;D http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/schalen/01709.html  ???
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Jobling Flower Pattern salad set - amazing design
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 05:45:13 PM »
Bumping to ask Bernard, is the salad set the bowl with three holes with a large underplate to match? If so, I've seen one today in unfrosted blue. Bernard, could you add pics of yours please?

Edited 10.4.2015 to add a link to an image of the Jobling 6000 salad bowl which Bernard asked about in this topic.
http://www.20thcenturyglass.com/images/items/artdeco_glass/jobling_glass/joblingglass_flowerbowl11.jpg
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand