No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Looking for information on possible old Ferri & Lazzarini paperweight  (Read 1231 times)

Offline mondock

• Members
I came upon a paperweight at a church rummage sale last year and cannot seem to find any information on it.  It came in a red velvet box with a brass clasp and cream silk interior.  The paperweight has a clear top(2/3) and red bottom (1/3)  The design of the paperweight are letters(COVESCOVESCOVES....) that circle the paperweight in three rows.  The 4th row in has the letters VENEAIA...)  Inside that circle is a star pattern with 8 points.  The letters and star are in gold.  The bottom of the paperweight is marked with an oval sticker(?) with a picture of a vase in the center - tall - top of mark says MURANO.  To the left top of the vase picture is a large F - on the righ is a large L.  The world Ferro & Lazzarini circle the bottom of the mark, and above that in very small print is marked - Glass made in Italy.  I have been trying to find some information or a paperweight that is similar in books and online and have come up empty handed.  Any information of this would be welcome.  Thank you.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
I have seen something similar before but I can't remember where or when! Searching the whole of the Message Board has not located it.

I think the main word to foucs on is VESCO. A google search turned up an Alex Vesco connected with glass, but there are also companies with that name, too. I'll ask the folks in the Murano forum to take a look at this message.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline mondock

• Members
Thanks!  I'll keep at it!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline mondock

• Members
Because of your insight, KevH, I have taken another look at the paperweight.  I now realize tht the inner circle of letters VENEZIAVENEZIA is actually Venezia twice, or VENICE.  I have had no further luck with the letters in the first three rows, but will continue to check on VESCO.....thanks again.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand