No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: sklounion Vases x2 ? help. - ID = Jiri Zejmon for Rudolfova Hut  (Read 3567 times)

Offline Gilead

• Members
Hi.
   My Daughter and her boyfriend came to visit today from Wales, and they found these on a car boot and thought i would like them am i right in thinking they maybe sklounion.
                                         Cheers
                                         Steve

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
Re: sklounion Vases x2 ? help.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 11:21:12 AM »
They certainly look it but the bases seem a little weird for SU.  Have you looked through Marcus' site at www.sklounion.com ?

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 11:38:49 AM »
Hi Pip.
        i thought they were sklo, have looked though Marcus' site and the base look the same think it is my bad photo's have added some better one's.
        Steve

Sklounion

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 04:00:47 PM »
Steve,
YES.  :clap: :clap: :clap:
Regards,
Marcus

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 04:24:14 PM »

Hi Steve,

Jiri Zejmon is the designer, Rudolfova Hut is the factory and they date to the 1960's.
I only know because I am busy with the database for Marcus' fantastic book and am privy to insider information.  :o
Nice find  :mrgreen:
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 05:38:25 PM »
Thanks
          Marcus & Della.
                              i have been going over Marcus site for ages and could not see these but wrote down on a piece's of paper in front of me, Jiri Zejmon but put down Hermanova Hut, also.

Not bad find then as i only asked my daughter to look for some glass when at car boot, as she lives in Wales, Jordon her boyfriend picked them out seems he as a good eye. even got the woman down from £6 to £3 the pair, think these will be going on ebay with some of the other stuff i collected over the last few months as i have picked WF to collect, thank you.
                                                                                                        Steve

Offline Gilead

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 11:09:51 PM »
Hi Marcus.
             i
I got a photo sent me today from my daughter in Wales, of a piece of glass which i thought i had seen on your site.
So i went though it and found the glass to be a vase on your site patten number 20048/200, Vladislav Urban design for Sklo Union, could you tell me please if these are very collectable.

My daughter is posting it to me as soon as it arrives i will post a photo of it, then it will go on ebay along with the ones in this post which are on now with the other Sklo Union I have 5 in all.

Am i allowed to say whom helped me ID them or is that against the rules my first attempt to sell on ebay finding it very nervous.
                                                                                                                                                                       Cheers
                                                                                                                                                                       Steve.

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 03:56:49 PM »
Am i allowed to say whom helped me ID them or is that against the rules my first attempt to sell on ebay finding it very nervous.

That is absolutely the correct thing to do - I usually say something along the lines of 'With grateful thanks to Marcus Newhall of www.sklounion.com for his help in identification' OR 'With grateful thanks to the members of the Glass Message Board at www.glassmessages.com for their help in identification'

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand