No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stennett-Willson for a song  (Read 2855 times)

Offline David555

• Members
Stennett-Willson for a song
« on: September 08, 2005, 09:10:49 PM »
Me again

I am not one to gloat but last week on eBay with 5 mins to go a vase described as W/F with a really fuzzy picture was selling - I knew what it was but the picture was so blurred I did not know the colour was a lovely pale amethyst

It's 8.25" high by Stennett-Willson for Wedgwood - I have some others but nothing in amethyst - is this rarer, how much is it worth (well you gotta ask :shock: )

Also the seller never described it was etched Wedgwood England to base with that funny crown logo LOL - some of my others are not so I assume they are Kings Lynn

http://tinypic.com/dhcyrl.jpg

Cost under £10.00 inc. P&P and in perfect nick

Adam D555 :twisted:
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline rbm6167

• Members
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 09:17:04 PM »
The book price is £60 to £80 but the market place doesn't always reflect this.

Those examples without the Wedgwood mark usually signify ealier models designed by Stennett-Willson at his King's Lynn factory before the takeover by Wedgwood. They are generally much more sought after.

John

Sklounion

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 06:26:18 AM »
amethyst - is this rarer

No, it is a standard colour, developed by Stennett-Willson and the glass technologists at Lemington Glassworks in the late 1950's.

that funny crown logo

That will be the Wedgwood trade-mark of the Portland Vase.

Le Casson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand