No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: vase signed afors age? signature?  (Read 4038 times)

Offline johnsoni97

• Members
vase signed afors age? signature?
« on: July 26, 2008, 01:51:31 PM »

I just acquired a BEAUTIFUL very heavy vase. There is alot of wear on the base but I can make out the word afors and the number 1166. The signature is what i am having real trouble with. It starts with a B. There appears to also be the letter i in it as well as perhaps ant as the last three letters. I would just like to know the approximate age of the vase. Any help anyone can share is very much appreciated! Irene

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
Re: vase signed afors age? signature?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 02:01:02 PM »
Hi there  :)

I've removed one of your threads (identical to this one) as it could get a bit confusing if people answer you in different places!   This way all your your answers will be in one place.  :)

Is there any chance of a photograph of your item please?  We love seeing new items and it'll help with identification.

Here's a 'how to' to assist with uploading your pictures:
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,6522.0.html

Thanks!  :)
I am not a man

Offline Martyn K

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 03:24:34 PM »
Bertil Vallien?

Offline johnsoni97

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 03:15:19 AM »
Good idea! I would have responded sooner but we went out of town for a few days. I will get out the digital camera and do my best to add a picture in the next couple of days. Thank you!!

Offline taylog1

• Members
    • 1950's Scandinavian glass
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 06:40:51 AM »
A number of Afors pieces were also signed Afors, a 4 digit number and then the colour/technique (in Swedish).
I've seen 2008 Bla, 2016 Lila and 1718 Rubin.

The pic will tell all.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand