No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Deco pattern set - ID = Czechoslovakian, Carl Stölzle und Sohne, Hermanshütte  (Read 5699 times)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Good evening all, I wondered if Pamela might be able to help here.....in fact anyone who reads this!
I have a whole set (well 2 sets actually!) of what I have always believed was a Walther glass product of the Deco period.
The design is the same as some of those listed on the Pressglas-pavillion site.
In the Bowls and plates section on row 53, item 1, and row 36 item 5, there are 2 bowls in the same pattern.
I have several pieces of this set, which also has cream jugs and sugar bowls and flat plates as well.
There are 2 vases depicted on the site, under unknown....Row 22, (which is, I think, a sugar bowl,) and row 7.  They have interesting arched feet in these 2 items and also on the little cream jugs I have.
The reason I had attributed them to Walther was because they are so similar to their design called 'Orient'.
Anybody got any thoughts on this??
I will try to put a picture up tomorrow, but it is a bit late for that tonight!
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Re: Walther??
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 07:25:28 PM »
Rosie, definitely not Walther, maker still unknown I'm afraid - but we are working on this  ;) I'm tempted to think Polen
A photo would be fine nevertheless, please  :D
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 08:07:37 PM »
Oh Pamela, I really thought they were Walther :cry:
I have taken loads of pics, so what email address shall I send them to?  I will have to do them one at a time, 'cos I don't know any other way!!
I also have some pics of the Chris Dodds squirrels, and the "Oiva Toikka" birds I mentioned, and the Blue Turnmill elephant! :o  Shall I just send them all, and you can let me know which ones you might like more angles of??
Rosie.

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 01:37:00 PM »
Pics have been sent.....I would love to know who the maker was.....does anybody know for certain???
Rosie.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 07:01:27 PM »
Pics added to Rosie's first two posts (4 per post). :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 09:03:52 PM »
Thanks Rosie and Anne for the photos  :)

A terrific collection, in fact! I hope you enjoy using all these beautiful items when having friends for dinner - it (the collection) cries for 'una festa sui prati' = garden party or picknick in green :D

Perhaps we may also invite Marcus to have a look? {{if his time allows it again in a few weeks time hopefully?}}

I may add that I remember having bought my first item (the pink vase) in: SCOTLAND! any bells ringing?
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 09:17:36 PM »
Thank you Pamela, I love them and use them.  I am still looking for another cream jug and sugar bowl to complete the 'third set', so get looking through all your cupboards everybody, someone out there has got them and might like to sell them.
I have 2 other sets, an extended Babley 'Cocktail Time' set in green, and a fascinating 'Quilted effect' set in green (You guessed it, I collect green glass!!), the maker of which I have never been able to discover. Would you like pictures of those Anne and Pamela??
BUT, I still haven't shown you my Rectangular Butterfly Bowl!! SPECTACULAR!!( & expensive!) U wanna C??
Rosie.

Offline dirk.

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 09:20:04 PM »
I´d really appreciate that!!!

Regards,
Dirk
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 09:27:44 PM »
Sorry, I meant Bagley....slip of the finger!

Hello Dirk, I don't think we have 'met' yet.  Is it my green glass sets you would appreciate seeing, or are you answering someone else's question? Or is it the amazing Rectangular Butterfly bowl you are hoping to see?
Rosie.

Offline dirk.

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 09:36:02 PM »
Hello Rosie!

Nice to ´meet´ you and -sorry, should have been more
detailed- yes, i was answering YOUR question and would
like to see all of your other green glass pieces.
Are they uranium? for that´s my main interrest...
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx

...working on it...
https://picasaweb.google.com/108140812446658939096

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand