No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Army & Navy Cooperative Society 1907 Claret Jug  (Read 1523 times)

Offline classycrafter

• Members
Army & Navy Cooperative Society 1907 Claret Jug
« on: August 02, 2008, 09:40:06 PM »
Hi everyone, Greetings from across the pond!!

Well, I have to say...ive been bitten by the glass bug. It started with glass beads about 7 years ago when we were stationed at RAF Mildenhall. The obsession quickly moved to antique China I would pick up at car boot sales and now I am into the colored glasses. My poor hubby keeps giving me "those" looks when I bring more into the house lol.

My current dilemma is trying to find out some information on a Cruet/Claret Jug I recently purchased. It was made in 1907, in London by the Army & Navy Cooperative Society and has a sterling spout. I have been googling for hours trying to find any information on this piece and so far have come up dry. I was wondering if anyone here would know the pattern of the piece and any info on the company that made it. I have only found one other piece made by this company and it was a fork and spoon on eBay ($495 - yikes! :o).

I can find all kinds of info on carnival glass - which is mostly what ive fallen in love with- but this one has me totally stumped. Any information at all would be very much appreciated.

Edited to add:

I almost forgot. I have been able to identify all the marks on the spout, but the one to the right of the English stamps. No one Ive talked to has been able to shed any light on it. Im adding the image below in the hopes someone might recognize it.

Again, thank you!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand