No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vicke Viktor Lindstrand bowls Orrefors  (Read 6408 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: Vicke Viktor Lindstrand bowls Orrefors
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2022, 11:38:05 PM »
Thank you Ekimp :)

I've had a search but not been able to find that but will go through my books tomorrow and see if I can spot it or something similar.

m

Offline Ekimp

• Members
    • England
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2022, 12:53:14 PM »
On your glasses again, just been looking in McConnell’s The Decanter 2nd edition and noticed an advertisement he shows (page 426) for Royal Brierley from the Pottery Gazette 1935. The image isn’t very big but there are some glasses shown that look very similar to yours. They look the same shape but with an inch or so off the top. They look to have a thick black disk foot and rings cut around the bowl, but with the bowl frosted. Annotated on the advertisement as No. 552A. Cocktail Set frosted, Crystal and Black.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day - Winnie-the-Pooh

Offline Ekimp

• Members
    • England
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2022, 09:49:34 PM »
Came across this while browsing. Orrefors 1932 catalog, page 13 bottom middle shows a similar bowl with engraved figures (if you zoom in), possibly skaters. https://www.matslinder.no/2019/10/31/orrefors-produktkatalog-fra-1932/
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day - Winnie-the-Pooh

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2022, 09:57:58 PM »
ooh thanks so much Ekimp!  That's really good to see the original info.

I'm distracted by life and such at the mo but will get back to researching my glass a bit more soon I hope!

m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand