Author Topic: Colin Terris ring  (Read 544 times)

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • My Paperweights Website
Colin Terris ring
« on: August 13, 2008, 07:14:08 AM »

Is it right that Colin Terris made rings like this one? If so, did he sign them, or are we really talking about Caithness general production?

Alan
Alan
The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton. Please feel free to contact me direct if you do not agree with my comments and do not wish to make your concerns known by posting in this thread.
 http://www.pwts.co.uk

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Gateway
Re: Colin Terris ring
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 07:32:25 AM »
R27 designed by Lucia Polanski. Stone maker depending on hallmark, so Colin Terris had nothing to do with it directly. Will tell seller the same.
http://www.scotlandsglass.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=153&keyword=&manufacturer_id=0&Itemid=51&orderby=product_sku&limit=30&limitstart=30
Frank A.
Please help preserve glass web-sites for posterity by donating to The Glass Study Association a non-profit organisation.
Scotland's Glass - Ysart Glass
Glass Zoo - Glass Study.COM
Commercial Czech

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Gateway
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 11:21:08 AM »
I see the seller added it had a 76 Cox Jewellery hallmark, so just standard production with the possibility of a left over PH stone.
Frank A.
Please help preserve glass web-sites for posterity by donating to The Glass Study Association a non-profit organisation.
Scotland's Glass - Ysart Glass
Glass Zoo - Glass Study.COM
Commercial Czech

Offline pooleandpaperweights

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 06:40:48 PM »
Love the statements like "This is a genuine Colin Terris Piece?"  "Coling Terris?" and so on......

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 07:16:37 PM »
I'd have been tempted to bid on that had I seen this earlier!  Oooh I think it's a fab ring!  Love the cut-out sides..mmm!

I am not a man

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand