No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: signed vase  (Read 2489 times)

Offline RAY

• Members
signed vase
« on: August 12, 2008, 07:33:43 PM »
it's not mine but me Gran's, it measures 14" high, i thought Chinese at 1st glance, but the bottom was wrong, then i found a sig, no idea who made it or who it's signed by, the base has been fire polished, the whole vase has been cased in clear glass

click image

cheers Ray

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
Re: signed vase
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 09:25:42 AM »
Hi Ray
Terry had one very similar: same colours and same painterly application of the colours; also very tall but a bullet shape. Unfortunately I can't find a pic of it and I can't rem what the base was like. I do remember that he was impressed by the weight and general quality and felt that it was a studio piece.
The base of yours also suggests a studio but could be from just about anywhere in the world.  Romanian ? Someone perhaps following in the footsteps of Ioan Nemtoi ? Sadly I'm pretty sure that's not his signature.
http://artglassbygary.com/glassmaster___ioan_nemtoi.html
When and where did your gran get it ? 
Pete
Pete

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand