Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

Strathearn vase, apparently not in ysartglass website?

(1/1)

Bernard C:
I've glimpsed a rather nice Strathearn vase in bluish greens with lots of silver aventurine in the darker top half and four-ish swirls just below the mid line, with leaping salmon prunt.   Nearest shape I can find is Monart X, but this has a smaller opening at the top and a correspondingly slightly taller top half.   Not a miniature, around seven-ish inches high.

I notice ysartglass only lists "early" Strathearn vases.   Is this from a later phase, perhaps Stuart Strathearn?

Bernard C.  8)

Frank:
It is a very under-developed part of the site and a small start has been made on Scotland's Glass which will take it further and replace the catalogue on Ysartglass in time. Definitely need more examples of all periods. Overall I probably have 2,000 more items waiting to go on SG.

Bernard C:
Frank — Thanks.   So I hadn't found a rarity.

Bernard C.  8)

Frank:
It is all relative and compared to many collectibles Strathearn could be classed as rare.  ;) Each piece is unique so rarity is in the eye of the beholder  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version