No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: glass decorating technique - what is it called? - ID = by Kralik  (Read 9418 times)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Re: glass decorating technique - what is it called?
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 10:57:58 PM »
What wonderful news....you must be thrilled to pieces.  And of course, as ever, we have all learned something new. :thup:

I have had a lot going on family-wise over the past few months, :'( but will be back on track in a few weeks when all the dust settles and will be back to ask a few more questions and and also stick my oar in (as I am wont to do) on occasions. >:D
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 12:40:27 AM »
Great result M, well done! And good to see you and Rosie back on the board too. You've been missed!  :kissy:
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 11:16:33 AM »
thanks Anne ;D
I have a week off work so (children aside) some time to do some research and read the posts. 

m

Offline sandymae

• Members
Re: glass decorating technique - what is it called? - ID = by Kralik
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 12:16:40 AM »
To Flying Free, just an update on my little inkwell, have seen your new post on the V Nason box, and then the link to my inkwell, and your lovely Kralik box. :hiclp:  My inkwell is still a mystery, so was pleased to see it is similar to yours. I've posted a few more updated photos of closeups, but my colour is very dull untill the light hits it, then its a beautiful light olive.
I still have no idea just who made it, but your post has made me get it out and have another look at it. :huh:

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-12888
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-12890
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-12889
Cheers, sandymae

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 10:40:37 PM »
I'm just raising this thread again to be sure I understand about this box.
Since it was id'd I've come across the same one in amber that was on ebay France and also come across information myself (can't remember where now though) that these were used by Marcel Franck.
I was browsing on Collectors Weekly and recently another has been posted that I believe is the same as mine but the taller version.  It is dark blue.  The poster listed it as Marcel Franck glass jar.  I posted on that thread to say mine had been identified as being made by Kralik (darned if I can find the reference Alfredo gave me at the moment though).
http://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/75787-marcel-franck-glass-jar?in=1179

Anyway, the original poster on that thread has said that his is pressed glass.  I'm pretty sure mine and his originated from the same source and I don't see how it can be pressed glass.  Am I missing something here?  Happy to upload more pictures if that is needed. I posted more pics on the page before this  but didn't include interior shots.  I'm pretty sure this is not pressed  :-X
m

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 08:05:06 AM »
It cannot be pressed glass; you cannot press something narrower at the top because you cannot get the plunger out and pressing such random cracks would require a very expensive mould. It is mould blown but then much Kralik production was

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013, 11:21:29 AM »
 :-* pheww, thank you.  I was just beginning to question anything I've learnt over the past few years :)
m

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand