No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: help Holmegaard Glass  (Read 2238 times)

Offline rose_bowl

• Members
help Holmegaard Glass
« on: August 21, 2005, 03:49:44 PM »
HI, can anyone help me Date this Holmegaard Glass New or Old? I can't seem to find anything on thee labels, Also can you help id the designer that made these? I have a decanter & glasses,any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
help Holmegaard Glass
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 04:16:34 PM »
i'm pretty sure these are designed by Per Lütken, although they're not in the 'Dansk Glas' book. With a bit of luck you'll find the PL monogram on the bottom of the decanter

Offline rose_bowl

• Members
help Holmegaard Glass
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 05:20:10 PM »
ivo, thanks for the quick reply, there seems to be no signature or it has faded, are these the older holmegaard glass? Or is there a place to find out about these types of Labels? Thanks

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
help Holmegaard Glass
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 09:40:40 PM »
signatures in diamond point do not fade  :lol:  

It seems the label with the crowned swan has been in use from the 1930s to 1975, but more important is the stylistic similarity to and colours used in the late fifties and sixties. Maybe one day you'll find the model depicted and described somewhere (replacements?) - until then this is all the info you're likely to get.

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
help Holmegaard Glass
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 04:57:44 AM »
The form is close to designs by Jacob Bang in the 1940's but the Lutken pieces tend to be simpler like your pieces. They are not showing in Holmgaards 1950 book so probably date after that.

Anonymous

help Holmegaard Glass
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 03:01:52 PM »
Thanks so much all for the information, this really helps alot. I did find one like this and it was Holmegaard by Per Lutkin, just couldnt find no information on the site it was just the Pictures, and I have really looked, can't wait til I get my Book on this glass. Thanks again ya'll.
 :D

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
help Holmegaard Glass
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 07:45:47 PM »
The tumbler is part of the Copenhagen-Clear range which comprised shotglasses, huge tall tumblers, and all shades of sizes betwixt. And I think there were some bowls too. I think it is by Lutken, but can't be 100%.

Oh, and the 'Holmegaards Glas' and separate 'Made In Denmark' labels are the ones used on pieces exported to America, as far as I've made out. I might be wrong, but whenever I've bought glass with these labels, it's always been from America (one instance was from an old jewellers' who had a lot of old-new stock they were selling, which makes the US export label theory more likely).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand