No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Sklo Union Candleholders? - ID = Jablonecke Sklo, Cz  (Read 2224 times)

Offline sueglass

• Members
Sklo Union Candleholders? - ID = Jablonecke Sklo, Cz
« on: August 26, 2008, 04:12:41 PM »
Hi all, bought these today but cannot find the pattern, have looked at the Sklo Union site, I think they are Sklo (not 100% positive) but the base seems right, they weigh 382 grams each, and are 2.25 inches in height,any help appreciated. Thanks, Sue. Bought a lovely VU vase also, just 2 pounds. It is strange as at the moment I am finding 5+ pieces of glass a day. Also today I got a Whitefriars Harry Powell 1931 vase for £1 and also a Scandinavian or Murano little glass bowl for 50p which I'll post as well.

Sklounion

Re: Sklo Union Candleholders?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 04:15:50 PM »
Hi Sue,
The reason why you would not find these on the Sklo Union site, is that they were made by Jablonecke Sklo, which was a completely different glass corporation.
Regards,
Marcus

Offline sueglass

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 04:49:14 PM »
Thank you Marcus, do they have any value at all or are they modern? Sue

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 03:23:13 AM »
Hi Sue, I have two of the round ones - one has a Bohemia Glass label - the pic of the label is here:    http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-1653
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand