No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help with identity of massive charger.  (Read 2094 times)

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
Help with identity of massive charger.
« on: September 02, 2008, 12:06:31 AM »
I have a questionably wonderful glass dish with a sticker that reads 'VILNIAUS, STIKLO, STUDIJA. made in Lithuania.
Can anyone tell me how I can find out about the makers. Googling has given me a headache as I can't understand any of the eastern european lingo that keeps flooding my screen. thanks steph.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Help with identity of massive charger.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 06:12:58 AM »
well they have been making "art glasss" since 1975 (from 1920 to 1975 it was a bottle plant) and their products are heavy & colourful - but you must have figured that out.
short desription here http://www.lpk.lt/Default.asp?DL=E&TopicID=77 but the link to their website is dead.

Offline a40ty

• Members
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 07:12:05 AM »
I have a few of their things and here is a link for you:
http://www.vsstudija.lt/  ( just click on EN )
 :)

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 09:57:00 AM »
 :clap:  Thanks for such prompt help - It's wonderful to see/know origins of items.  I have learnt so much since finding this site and have the realization that I am woefully ignorant still! 
My Stiklo piece was bought for £20 on a whim, now having seen some of their other flamboyant pieces I shall be on the look out...when I visit the continent.  Somewhere packed away I have another piece similar in colours to the Stiklo boldly vibrant type.  That piece has a sticker 'Imported by Wicked Glass', Has anyone heard of this company?
Thanks again.........steph.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand