No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Czech labelled turquoise vase - ID: Sklo Union, designer Laděna Víznerová  (Read 4393 times)

Offline premys

• Members
For info, it many knows, Mrs. Laděna Víznerová designed paucity pressed glass, but her domain is famous design of glass jewellery.

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Back on GMB,
dear collegues and friend, last few weeks I was very busy in my regular job, so I could not participate in discussions here.
First bad news
Thanks to Marcus Newhall famous book, Czechoslovakian pressed glass becames to be very popular and collectable and hence also more expensive here in Czech republic. I know personaly 5 - 6 skilled and very tough pressed glass "hunters", timee when was possible to buy excellent pieces for nuts is definitely over.

Well, now good news. I am in touch with Frantisek Vizner and finaly we have summarised all his pressed glass designs. So I can disclose now the confirmed information: together had been realised 45 different Vizner's designs (I do not take into account colour variants and sizes), all of shapes we have documented, dated and exactly attributted.  Naturaly Frantisek had designed much more pressed glass pieces, but not all had been fabricated. So in case of doubts about F.V. pieces, ask me here or directly to my eMail.

Jindrich

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Great to hear this Jindrich. If requests and replies can be made on the board (in the GLASS forum please) then we'll have a permanent record of them available on line too. (Mods will move topics to Czech as new posts cannot be made into Resolved forums, members can reply to existing posts though.)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand