No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Can anyone help identify the label on this floor vase, please?  (Read 840 times)

Offline AnnieNan

• Members
Can anyone help identify the label on this floor vase, please?
« on: September 11, 2008, 02:27:54 PM »
Hello!  I've had this large floor vase for a couple of years now, but I'm curious as to the maker.  There is a partial label, but the lettering at the bottom is mostly missing.  I've gone through the Label I.D. section, but see nothing similar.  The vase is  28" tall and the top reminds me of water spouting from a fountain.  The vase is clear.  I'm hoping someone will recognize the label graphic and can help.  Thanks in advance!  Nanne

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline uphoosier

• Members
Re: Can anyone help identify the label on this floor vase, please?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 12:54:11 PM »
I am not familiar with the label, but the picture on the label is a form commonly made by a group of companies in the US that are generically known as Sooner glass.  The largest maker of Sooner glass was Sunset Glass in Oklahoma (known as the Sooner state).  Another was Ozark glass n Missouri, and I'm sure there were other companies.  Might help you tarck down the label.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand