No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Botanical Glass Sculptures for sale by James Lethbridge Glass  (Read 7865 times)

Offline james lethbridge

• Glass Professional
  • Members
Botanical Glass Sculptures for sale by James Lethbridge Glass
« on: September 13, 2008, 10:42:31 AM »
Dear All

This is an ebay auction for an original piece of glass art, in the form of a botanical sculpture, produced by myself (James Lethbridge). I am a recent graduate of the Royal College of Art, London, it was there that I developed my aesthetic of surrealist / abstract botanical glass.

Since graduation I have completed a series of commissions for private and corporate clients, but now I though it would be nice to try my hand a smaller range of work. These studies continue from an original piece of work called 'Coalescence ii', which can be seen on my website: www.jameslethbridgeglass.com.

All my work is hand made by myself using glassblowing, flame-working and UV glueing technique. Aside from the glass - blown element, all the component pieces are made and assembled together, at my home in Yorkshire. Because of the nature of the production methods, it makes each piece individual, - unique, - because no two pieces are identical. Also because of these item being made to order they will take approximately 2 weeks to deliver to your door. I suspect i shall only be doing a limited run of these small sculptures of about 50.

Nearly all of these pieces comprise of both hand blown soda glass balls, and flame-worked borosilicate capillary tubing, which has been UV glued to a main body. As a normal gallery price, this particular item would sell for approx £200, - so this is your chance to get your hands on one at a very reasonable price. Please feel free to contact me if you wish and also please feel free to view all of my sculptures and lighting pieces on my website.

There are some images and here are the ebay item numbers....

item=250294181770
item=250294216059
item=250294177116

Yours sincerly

James Lethbridge

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline aa

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • http://www.adamaaronson.com
Re: Botanical Glass Sculptures for sale by James Lethbridge Glass
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 01:02:06 PM »
Dear All
As a normal gallery price, this particular item would sell for approx £200, - so this is your chance to get your hands on one at a very reasonable price. Please feel free to contact me if you wish and also please feel free to view all of my sculptures and lighting pieces on my website.

Hi James,

Super work, super website, liked the piece in the Biennale!

Are any of these actually in galleries at £200, because if they are, the relevant galleries might get a bit offended, which I'm sure is not your attention. By the same token, if they are not selling in galleries at £200, then some collectors might find this a bit misleading.

Good luck with your sales initiatives, but if I am a bit confused, I think others could be as well! :)
Hello & Welcome to the Board! Sometimes my replies are short & succinct, other times lengthy. Apologies in advance if they are not to your satisfaction; my main concern is to be accurate for posterity & to share my limited knowledge
For information on exhibitions & events and to see images of my new work join my Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/adamaaronsonglass
Introduction to Glassblowing course:a great way to spend an afternoon http://www.zestgallery.com/glass.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline a40ty

• Members
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 04:26:26 PM »
Beautiful sculptures and lighting James. I doubt, however, that I could transport one to Copenhagen  :(

Offline james lethbridge

• Glass Professional
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 12:51:07 PM »
Well, - I've posted larger pieces to germany and they seem to have got there ok.

Offline james lethbridge

• Glass Professional
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 12:56:57 PM »
Hi Adam, -

I figured some 'on the ball' person might pick up on that.

The price of the work is based on what I want for the piece, and assuming that a gallery is adding 100% mark up. I'm not too concerned, - I'm just seeing what kinda of prices I can get for these pieces, - so chances are, unless they sell for a lot more than I put them in for, - I'm not going to bother selling them through ebay.

we'll see.

James

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 03:14:32 PM »
Probably better to set a higher price, there are a couple of glass artists doing quite well on eBay. Regular appearance helps, as with any market it takes time to create a following.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand