No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Frank Eisner  (Read 88208 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Frank Eisner
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 11:42:21 AM »
No mention of the Swingwood company in 46 Gazette.

Eisner was at Swingewood's until 1949/1950 when he went to Waterford as soda glass was first produced. Until that point Waterford had been importing Belgian blanks. How they persuaded Eisner then a manager to be a glass-blower again is an interesting question, perhaps he preferred that and also to be part of a new enterprise. The question of making Lead Crystal was not in the equation until Johnstown factory opened in Late 1951.

Of the names Havel mentions, none tie in with W R.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2011, 09:46:56 PM »
I spent the day at Perth museum doing some research with the Monart archives and came across this page among other Monart office material, photos etc, this would indicate there was a F Eisner working at Moncrieff's at the same time as P Ysart and Chick Young.
Gary

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2011, 01:11:35 AM »
Gary, that's very interesting. I wonder when that sheet was written at what it actually relates to. And what might "Acc" refer to in that heading?

Data on Chic Young says that, except for his national service period, he was at Moncrieff's from 1946 to 1960, so the info could refer to something over a spread of at least 16 years. If we knew the dates applicable to all those other folk, perhaps something would become apparent.
KevinH

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2011, 12:08:54 PM »
A possibility that Acc office staff stands for Account office staff. The sheet was in the "Trade Price List" booklet with other pre and post war Monart office material. This picture of the Ysart's at work was one of many photos in with the booklet.
Gary

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2011, 12:10:58 AM »
We do know that in the 60s that he did go into Moncrieffs on Saturdays, after retiring to Perth. What we do not know is when he left Waterford and if he went elsewhere then. We also know that he did NOT work at Moncrieffs from 1962.

It would be more useful to split these posts out of this thread and merge into the Eisner thread to keep this data in the right place. [Mod: This has now been done (24 Nov 2011) - but at some stage we might also need to centralise other bits about the Eisners from several other threads.]

Also don't discount that

1. The F may be an E (Post 1953 then)
2. Frank may have been offered the same discounts as staff as a professional courtesy.

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2012, 06:12:33 PM »
Update on Frank Eisner, whilst doing some research at A.K. Bell library Perth in among the Moncrieff archives there is an full page article in the Evening Telegraph (local paper) dated August 20th 1958, on all aspects of Moncrieff Glassworks, interviews included among a few other workers was Paul Ysart and Frank Eisner whose job title was given as production foreman (age 69), it also mentions his son Eric who was a chemist assistant at the same time.
As an aside there is mention in the article, of Frank Eisner making paperweights during the second world war but only as a hobby.
Gary

Offline RAY

• Members
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2012, 06:45:04 PM »
dont think its ACC , looks to me like all office staff .. as the letter L is the same in the peoples names .. some nice research going on the Gary well done
cheers Ray

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2012, 08:49:04 PM »
I agree with Ray, I meant to mention this when I looked at it ages back and then it slipped my mind, but it looks more like All Office Staff than Acc Office Staff to me too.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2012, 09:03:43 PM »
Thanks Ray, doing research is a pleasure for me. I agree with both of you's it is "all office staff" and not acc.
Gary

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2012, 10:40:04 PM »
That is a good bit of info, said they would be a goldmine. His age ties in with the suggestion that he retired to Perth and obviously took the job post-retirement. I believe he also made some weights at Waterford after the war...not sure if that is mentioned in this thread... to busy to read back right now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand