No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Frank Eisner  (Read 88576 times)

Offline Gary

• Members
Re: Frank Eisner
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 09:06:47 PM »
The following paragraph is taken from the same article as above (Evening Telegraph).

" In the Second World War he was decorated for his part in manufacturing radar screens. When Sir Stafford Cripps visited the Newcastle factory he and all the party were presented with paperweights, Mr Eisner makes them to but as a hobby.
 Sir Stafford was then Minister of Aircraft Production and appropriately incoperated an aeroplane. He was delighted with but handed it back to Mr Eisner and asked him to sign it. So the signature was inscribed with acid
".

In my earlier post I wrote Eric Eisner Job was a chemist assistant but should read chemist and assistant works manager.
Gary

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 10:20:54 PM »
Eric was later the works manager. But it is great to have this confirmation of his father working there as due to his retirement there was no logic to him having worked there and the Colin Mayor being a friend as well as MD it was odd that he had no knowledge of this but did know Frank made paperweights at Moncrieff's on Saturdays. Most of which shattered as he used the MS1 metal which did not work well with colours. So it looks like we finally get some completion on the Frank Eisner story. Well done Gary.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2012, 10:48:09 AM »
After rereading this thread, Evening Telegraph article and the Moncreiff Company records, there requires a few updates on dates and people who worked at Moncrieff's.
Chic Young started at Moncrieff's on the 31/3/47 (not 1946), left to do his National Service (can't find a date for that as yet) returned to Moncrieff's 14/4/52 and finally left on 30/3/62, one week before Paul who left on the 6/4/62 (Moncrieff Company records).
Frank Eisner was 69 years old in 1958 (Evening Telegraph) that would mean he was born circa 1889.
John Smith assisted Paul Ysart along with Chic Young in the Monart workshop (Evening Telegraph), John Smith worked at Moncrieff's from 24/4/56 to 28/7/66 (Moncrieff Company records).
Bernard Wade made glass swans while the reporter was at the factory doing the article (Evening Telegraph), he started at Moncrieff's on the 3/2/1958 (Moncrieff Company records).
Gary

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2012, 02:15:33 PM »
Swans covered here... http://ysartglass.com/Moncrieff/MoncrieffProduct.htm

lots to be updated...

But can we get/keep non- Eisner out of this topic please. Moderator?

Offline tonysherwin

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • paperweights
    • australia
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2013, 10:31:38 AM »
Saw your reference to John Moncrieffs and thought you might like to see the photos attached. They were taken between 1955 and 1962 and show my late father who was a glassblower there.

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2013, 10:40:05 AM »
Saw your reference to John Moncrieffs and thought you might like to see the photos attached. They were taken between 1955 and 1962 and show my late father who was a glassblower there.
great pictures and nice to see them
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2014, 01:17:02 AM »
Tony, I would love to have an article about your father for Scotland's Glass if you could do it please.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2017, 11:20:38 PM »
Having a few free credits for the genealogy record site ScotlandsPeople I looked up the Eisners and found dates of death for them, if they are of interest.

Deaths
Last name, forename, age, year of death, place
EISNER, Emily Elizabeth, 77, 1968, Perth < --- Frank's wife b. 1890 (ref 1939 Register) maiden name Mickova or Miekova *
EISNER, Frank Joseph, 81, 1971, Perth < --- Frank Eisner b. 1889 (ref 1939 Register)
EISNER, Kathleen Nichol, 67, 1996, Perth < --- Eric's wife b. 1929 married 1952 Northumberland South
EISNER, Eric Carl, 79, 2006, Perth < --- Frank's son Eric Eisner b. 1926 Wakefield (one of twin boys, the other died age 5)

There are descendants of Eric still around. I have names if anyone wants to try and contact them for more info.

* No idea where Emily and Frank were married. No marriage shows up for them in British or Irish records. Maiden name is shown in birth record for Eric and his twin.

There is a record in the National Archives about Frank's naturalisation in 1919:
Nationality and Naturalisation: Eisner, Frank, from Czechoslovakia.
Resident in Birmingham.
Certificate 4,740 issued 23 September 1919.

In 1939 Frank and Emily are shown as living in Newburn R.D., Northumberland, presumably whilst Frank was working at Lemington Glass as per his BEM citation in the London Gazette:

SUPPLEMENT TO THE LONDON GAZETTE, 9 JANUARY, 1946 page 323
Awarded BEM 1st Jan 1946 - Frank EISNER, Glassblower, Lemington Glass Company
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2017, 09:52:10 PM »
Thanks Anne

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2021, 10:36:04 AM »
Added this one to my collection came from the sellers perth family along with salvdor flower and a salvador butterfly weight a few vasart and a monart lamp and a vasart mushroom lamp and a few vasart vases
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand