No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Skrdlovice "Andromeda" bowl by Jan Beranek (for bOBA)  (Read 3137 times)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Skrdlovice "Andromeda" bowl by Jan Beranek (for bOBA)
« on: January 16, 2011, 10:45:05 PM »
My other Skrdlovice buy:
"Andromeda" bowl by Jan Beranek, in darkgreen/brown, length 26cm.

The label (sorry, didnt take a pic) is yellow/gold as Robert already suspected.
Does the colour of the label suggest anything? What would a red label mean?

Michael

Offline bOBA

• Members
Re: Skrdlovice "Andromeda" bowl by Jan Beranek (for bOBA)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 11:43:37 PM »
A lovely bowl Michael, the colours are fantastic. Jaroslav Beranek designed some lovely glass in the 1950's. Technically I do not think it likely that this size bowl (and certainly the vase below) were used as part of the Andromeda Glassexport range, but stylistically they are so similar I am not concerned, we know what is casually meant by "Andromeda" and they are by the man who designed most of the Andromeda range.

I am doing some research into the labelling at the moment and I have an interest. Both types are genuine Skrdlovice signatures and may be linked to eras of the factory and or export strategies. I should say a red label indicates the piece should be sent to me as soon as possible! ;D

I attach a picture of a nice unusual Jaroslav bowl in rose pink, about 16 cm square (and round) that I bought with the help of a fellow GMB member, my friend Jindrich!  (We often help each other out in discussions such as these, on or offline!)

Robert (bOBA)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 08:28:47 PM »
Robert, your bowl is really beautiful!
Sorry I confused the Beraneks, it should have meant Jaroslav not Jan.

So, did I get it right -- the red label is the one to look out for? :)

Michael

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:18:09 PM »
Thx, Michael. I made a small error too, my Jaroslav piece is a vase not a bowl! I have his bowls too though! The labels could in my oinion be time related and are never indications of quality really: red, gold, there are white, black too (slightly different square labels). All are good and pieces with any labels are equally worth collecting if interested in Skrdlovice glass, you will have them all on your shelf soon the way your collection is going!

Robert (bOBA)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand