Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Unresolved Glass Queries

More on Prunts

<< < (2/2)

Ivo:
disc prunts have been spotted in the Danish glass book too - on a Per Lütken vase from 1942

glasswizard:
Peter, in answer to your question, yes I do believe it is Murano. In handling the piece one gets a sense that gold dust marbles were just pressed into the hot glass, of course I doubt that this was how it was done.
Ivo, I have to ask, what Danish book are you referring to. I am really lacking in books on Scandinavian glass. Terry

Ivo:

--- Quote from: "glasswizard" ---
Ivo, I have to ask, what Danish book are you referring to. I am really lacking in books on Scandinavian glass. Terry
--- End quote ---

Erik Lassen & Mogens Schlüter: Dansk Glas 1925-1975, Nyt Nordisk Forlag Arnold Busck, Copenhagen 1975. It is a bit tiring as it is all in Danish.

Part 1 is called Dansk Glas 1825-1926 and was written by Alfred Larsen, Peter Riismoller and Mogens Schlüter - this deals more with tableware, barware, pharmacy glass and bottles. I find this one extremely useful for dating tableware styles

I think there is an updated version or reprint out, at least for part 2.

nigel benson:
Hi All,

Take a look at the thick book on Murano glass by Marc Heiremans (sorry no title, since I'm doing this from memory). You will see 'doughnut' shape prunts used by Ercole Barovier and 'disc' prunts used by Salviati. I'm sure there are more variations in there, but nothing else specific comes to mind I'm afraid.

Nigel

Max:
Nigel, strangely I thought of Luciano Gaspari too when it came to prunts....probably because I have Glass of the 50's and 60's...it's so useful!   :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version