Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

Clyne Farquharson perfume bottle

<< < (2/2)

BJB:
Hi Bernard,

Many thanks for all the info, its just a shame the silver/enamel is damaged, the bottle is fine just a bit damp inside.

I hope that Woking was a good one for you, not long to Cambridge now, and I am GOING to go this time.  :twisted:  or there will be trouble.

Barbara

Frank:
You can get silver/enamel restored. Not wildly expensive and as it seems a rare piece probably worthwhile.

BJB:
Hi Frank,

I didn't realise that you could get the enamel repaired. Who would do it for me?

It is a lovely amber colour with little fleur de lys and dots in gold, and it looks as though it was silver gilt but most of the gilt has worn off.

Barbara

pamela:
enamel is by nature nothing else but glass
the gilt will disapear under these high temperatures but can be restored lateron (galvano)

Frank:
Unfortunately all the restorers I used in my jewellery days are probably dead and buried now. But you could ask at Harrods or Mallet's antiques department for suggestion. The Goldsmiths Company might be able to direct you to a local restorer. Don't worry about the gilt, that can be done too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version