No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bagley Jetique fired-on floral spray transfer decoration — photos needed please  (Read 4302 times)

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
I need good quality close-up photographs of early post-War Bagley Jetique with fired-on multicoloured floral spray transfer decoration for a little detective work I'm attempting.

You will see one example of this style on the Pontefract Museum Bagley reference site here — click on the image for an enlargement, sadly not quite detailed enough for me.

Note that most floral decoration was cold hand-painted, now sadly deteriorating badly as it washes off, as you will see if you browse this reference website (search it on "jetique").

Ideally ex-camera unoptimised, but lightly optimised might give me sufficient detail.

Please give me permission to use, not use, or extract from them as I wish, and how you would wish to be identified in a copyright notice, should anything come of this.

Please email them to me with the words "Bagley photographs" or something equally meaningful in the Subject line.   Note that my email system rejects blank subject lines as spam.

Grateful thanks.

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Bernard, I have what I believe to be a Bagley Jetique 3-piece flower bowl set that you might like to see.  However, my computer has some compatability problems with Hotmail and I've been unable to contact you by email with the images.  Is there another way I can get them to you?  May be here or in the glass gallery?

Anne E.B

Offline heartofglass

• Members
Hi Bernard,
I have a small Jetique vase, & it has a multicoloured floral transfer print design, it is also marked underneath with a Registration number for 1948 or 49. I can get a photo of it for you next week as I am on holidays at the moment & away from my glass.
Hope it will be of help.
Marinka.
More glass than class!

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
Quote from: Anne E.B.
...   However, my computer has some compatability problems with Hotmail and I've been unable to contact you by email with the images.  Is there another way I can get them to you?  May be here or in the glass gallery?

Anne — Thanks.   It's the first time that I have come across any indication that my use of the old BTInternet / BTOpenworld ISP, now taken over by Yahoo!, causes problems at your end.   I wasn't aware of any restrictions on the size of incoming attached files.

An alternative approach might be to load them up into any web space that is available to you, either with full Internet access, or with restricted access, such as by password through a control system, like some photo albums.   Once I've downloaded them you can delete them.

Anne's glass gallery does have limitations on file sizes, but uses an efficient optimisation system that retains fine detail, like IrfanView.   So that route may be possible.

I will ask Anne's advice.

Marinka — Thanks, and watch this space next week in case you hit similar problems.   ... and thanks for not being another Anne!

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Just thinking on a sem-techy level ...

From the envelope icons, Bernard's email is btopenworld; Anne E. b.'s email is btinternet - it's basically the same thing. Hotmail is an entirely different thing - not sure why there should be a problem for Anne to send to Bernard.
KevinH

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Hotmail shrinks images

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
It shouldn't do; the attachment limit is 10Mb

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Hopefully you will receive my email now Bernard :).  I haven't used the email link here on the GMB which for some reason ('puter numpty that I am ::)) was causing a problem.
Anne E.B

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
I'm not sure where Hotmail is coming in if both Anne and Bernard are using BT services?  Most email services have a file attachment size limit (some as low as 2Mb, others as high as 20Mb).  There is a useful free file transfer service which Barry uses for larger files which could be the answer for you, http://www.yousendit.com/cms/liteaccount (they do a paid service as well but the free one works well - Barry uses it to send stuff to a chum in Bhopal.)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Sorry Anne, I threw a red herring there I think.  I seemed to be encountering a similar problem that I had previously experienced with Hotmail, and just assumed it was the same thing :-[ :-[ :-[  ::)  I did say I was a complete numpty ;D
Anne E.B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand