No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Table lighter, is it Kosta  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Pat

• Members
Table lighter, is it Kosta
« on: October 05, 2008, 01:58:57 PM »
This has exactly the same finish as a Kosta Boda snowball but I never associated scandinavian glass with lighters. Any one any idea if it is or not please and if not who.

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-10889
No retreat, No surrender.

Offline Bill G

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • World Art Glass
Re: Table lighter, is it Kosta
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 03:22:55 PM »
Ann Wolff's Snow Balls in various sizes are round and not square as your appears in the photo.

Therefore, it is my opinion the lighter is not Kosta Boda.

Bill Geary

Offline Pat

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 03:32:53 PM »
I realise that Bill.. I have some but I meant that the finish of the glass was the same. However I had my doubts anyway but I do think it feels scandinavian.
No retreat, No surrender.

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 08:41:17 PM »
I vaguely remember there was a vase on here ages ago, which had a similar outer shape to this table lighter.  The inner core of it was tangerine colour though.  Imagine this table lighter about 4" higher, and then an orange finger vase poking out of the top by about 2" (yeah, weird!) then you'll have the image I have in my head.  I've remembered it as it looked like a queer amalgamation of two vases, rather than one.  However (in my memory) the outer casing  was just like this lighter.  - the same droopy upper rim effect and 'ice' effect like a Snowball.   I can't remember the maker though...I feel it was Scandinavian or German.   

Deary me, that sounded like a load of babble didn't it?  I wonder if Frank remembers the vase I mean?
I am not a man

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 09:22:47 PM »
Zwiesel I think.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum