No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Lesser known Scottish glass makers  (Read 3066 times)

Offline David555

• Members
Lesser known Scottish glass makers
« on: August 28, 2005, 04:06:57 PM »
Yeah I love the Ed Iglehart mushrooms (he has worked in Scotland since early 1970s) – I think but cannot be sure the Jack-in-the Pulpit vases are made by him – anyone able to confirm? – the small perfume bottle is similar straw opal but faceted and I think may be made by the maker of the apple who is ‘T.P. Young Bridge of Allan Scotland’ (has full label to base) all of it is really similar in thickness of glass and colour with that blue opalescence – anyone able to help me sort the vases and the perfume bottle out?

http://tinypic.com/b9c0gw.jpg
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 05:51:39 PM »
:D Hello David555,
All I can confirm is that I'm suspicious that these jack-in-the-pulpit vases are NOT by Ed. I've seen too many around. I'm also sure I saw some in a gift shop not so long ago, but I'm afraid I didn't check who they were by, just noted that my suspicions were confirmed. (They're not really his style, are they?? :lol:)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 06:15:54 PM »
Hi Adam,

Not heard of T P Young.

I have started a page to list all of Scotland's glass people http://www.ysartglass.com/Scotglass/Scotlandglass.htm
 which when I get time will have a separate page for whoever is possible e.g.  http://www.ysartglass.com/Scotglass/AllanScott.htm as well as links to their own sites etc.

I would appreciate any images and biographical details along with the source of information.

Offline David555

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 07:44:05 PM »
Hi Frank - I have a few bits of short lived Scottish glass makers - TP Young, Lanmara, etc - I will try and get some good photos to send to your website with info I have  :)
David is my Father's name, 555 is the number of man ('The Pixies'), but please call me ADAM P.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand