No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: help identifying vase  (Read 1290 times)

Offline islandoflittledetroit

• Members
help identifying vase
« on: October 08, 2008, 09:08:11 PM »
Hi everyone
I need some help identifying this vase/bowl.
I thought it might have been Nanny Still but really I have no idea. It is quite heavy and rings like a bell and has been partially blown into a mold (bottom) as it has a ribbed appearance there, kind of like the Ultima Thule range. Anyway, any info or opinions would be great.

kind regards
scott

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Re: help identifying vase
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 08:36:30 AM »
Hi and welcome ;)

It reminds me of Kosta Boda's 'sunflower' votive by Goran Warff, but flatter and without the 'stem'.  I'm sure someone will know.
Anne E.B

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 02:03:42 PM »
Anne's right - it's from the Sunflower range by Kosta Boda - the little bobbles to the lower part of your bowl are exactly the same as the little bobbles inside a slightly different item from the same range I've sold in the past (the 'bobbles' are meant to replicate the seeds inside a sunflower).

Click the link below to see one I've sold in the past - although the shape is different you can compare other details to be certain.

http://www.pips-trip.co.uk/sold-glass-archives/scandinavian-glass-1/showitem-BODA-SUNFGW.aspx

Offline islandoflittledetroit

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 02:58:09 AM »
Thanks Anne and Pip
I think you are right same seed like pattern, and now that the 'sunflower' inspiration has been mentioned I can see it in the design
thanks again

Scott

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 03:39:27 PM »
I wonder if this is also part of the range Pip?   Its more squat but has the sunflower seed patterning.

The pink one shown is I believe to be by Bergdala.  That one has a kind of cross-hatch/grid type patterning.  Very similar!!! :o
Anne E.B

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 08:10:28 AM »
The first item certainly looks OK Anne.  You can tell that the cross-hatching on the pink one is quite different really.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand